Monday, June 9, 2008

OMG I'm so embarrassed T_T

So, I'm at the bank today right? Depositing a check. And I pull up to the little drive though and I'm a bit to far away from the vacuum thing, so I open my door to grab the little container that goes inside of it, and as I turn my head I notice a light that just came on, on my dash bored. "Theft" it says.

I'm thinking, "thats odd... Ive never seen that light on before, I wonder why its on. It doesn't make since, my car is running, and I didn't turn it off." So I continue doing what I was doing, Sign the check grab the info they need for my bank account. Put it all back in the container, open the door....

Its at this moment, I realize for the first time, after owning this car for almost 6 years. It being in my mothers possession before that for about 2 years, that my car... has an alarm. And it has chosen now to announce its presence.

Thinking its just because I had my door open, I quickly slammed the door shut and stared in horror at my dash bored and prayed it would stop. But it doesn't of course. So next course of action; I turned the car off to see if that will stop it... no that didn't work. Turned it back on... still no good. So I sat and held my head frustrated for a moment, and looked up towards the main road.

Being rush-hour it was quite congested, and of course the light was red at the near by intersection. So all the people with nothing better to do while they waited for the long light to change (its always long, I hate that intersection, takes forever if you get stopped) where starring at me. Alot of them with there windows rolled down, because it was a hot day. All there eyes where on me, it was about then that I wanted to start freaking out. But I pulled myself together a tad (though it didn't stop the shakes from coming) and opened the door again to shove the container in its slot and pressed the send button. Then waited momentarily starring at my dashboard trying to think of another possible way to fix it.

"um... what did you want to do with this." they asked me through the speaker. I turned and looked to see the confused looking woman in the window at the bank.

"Just deposit it into my checking please?" I tried to shout over my cars incessant honking. Adding after receiving another concerned look this time, "I'm sorry, I didn't realize my car had an alarm until just now, and I cant figure out how to make it stop. I saw her turn to the other people inside the bank, and laugh and say something.

While I waited I decided to give my house a call, hoping mostly for my dad to answer. He didn't.

I heard the sound of my car echo back as my mom answered the phone, "hello?"

"um... hi mom." I responded, "So... I found out my car has an alarm."

"ok..."

"Yeah, and I cant figure out how to make it stop." I repeated the story.

"Well, did you try turning it off and back on?" She asked.

"Yes I..."

"Did you try your button?"

"Mom, I don't have a button, this car didn't come with a button, its never had a button."

"oh..." she thought for a moment, "well try turning it back on and off again."

"merhurmmerhormer... receipt... merhurmermer." the woman inside the bank window interrupted as my container fell back in to its place in fount of me. I wasnt able to understand her with the horn this time.

"Thank you!" I called to her, having more I wanted to do at the bank, but I was to embarrassed to speak to her any longer.

"ok, turn it on and off again." I said to my mom, and turned the car off and then back on, and this time it stopped! "Oh my gosh it stopped this time!" I said, and not thinking I foolishly opened the door again to grab the container with my receipt and bank info in it, and the car responded to my idiocy with more loud honking.

"Well... it did for a moment." I sighed into the phone. After she kept suggesting the same two options over a few more times, I parked in front of the bank, tuned off the car and hopped out. Locked the door, (yes my window was down so I locked it after I was out) and unlocked it and hopped back inside. It didn't work.

"Well, your just going to have to drive it home I guess." my mom said. I wanted to cry at the moment.

"Are you kidding, I cant do that!" I responded with horror.

"Why not?"

"Because, I'll get pulled over like... a million times on my way home."

"Well just explain to them whats going on." She said. I began then remembering how I had a fear of cops, and this got me to freaking out more. I really wanted to cry.

"alright," I said realizing my mom wasn't going to help, and I wasn't in the mood to argue with her. I said my goodbyes and hung up, turning the key in the ignition. After a millisecond the horn stopped. Apparently my prayers had been answered, and I carefully drove it home.

I made it till my driveway, where hitting the dip to get into it caused the alarm to start going off, and announced my arrival.

As it it. We did get it to stop again, apparently the wires under my dashboard are... breaking? Its really confusing, I was the one to notice them all sticking out. They looked cut to me, but my dad says that they are just breaking because they are old. Man... I quit, I want a scooter, or a motorcycle for summer. T_T But I don't have money for one.

No comments: